William Ryden’s deep understanding of family law derives from more than 40 years of successfully representing clients through complex and diverse family law issues. Jaffe Family Law Group clients have benefited from his sound advice and reasoned representation since 1980, when he joined the firm. In 1985, William became partner and since then, he has counseled celebrities and successful business executives and their spouses through difficult family decision-making, with a focus always on preserving both assets and privacy.
For more than 25 years he has been certified as a specialist in family law by the State Bar of California. He also has served as a mediator and settlement officer over 20 years for family law matters in the Central District, Los Angeles County Superior Court and previously has participated in the Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Pro Tempore Program.
He is a fellow with the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML).
Awards and Rankings
- Southern California Super Lawyers, 2004-2019
- Best Lawyers in America, 2016-2020
- Best Lawyers, Southern California’s ‘Lawyer of the Year,’ 2017
- Martindale-Hubbell’s highest AV rating for legal ability and ethical standards
- Lawdragon Family 500, 2020